The Games settings tab contains Force Feedback presets made by the T818 beta testers community, and applicable to a number of games.
They can be used as a quick start guide, as the Force Feedback settings will depend a lot on the wheel rim you are using (weight & size ratio), on the car you are using (and its rotation angle), but also on the cockpit you are using.
• In all games (apart from WRECKFEST in which the FFB slider is not working correctly), it is advised to set the MASTER GAIN to 100% in the T818 Control Panel, and adjust the FFB strength only in the game (it’s easier that way).
• In all games (apart from iRacing and rFactor2), for an optimized feeling, it is advised to set the DAMPER slider to 0% in the T818 Control Panel, and adjust it (if necessary) only in the game options.
Important notes about the damper:
# Increasing the damper level will reduce oscillations (if you take your hands off the wheel).
# Reducing the damper level will increase, improve and optimize the general Force Feedback feeling of the car and the road.
• About the MODE in the T818 Control Panel: only use the COMFORT Mode in Arcade Games that have a very strong FFB like WRECKFEST (in addition, COMFORT Mode generates oscillations)
• In ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE, there are 2 different FFB settings:
o One without Damper (to feel everything from the car and the road, even if there are some slight oscillations if you take your hands off the wheel).
o One with Damper (to limit oscillations)
• In iRacing, it is important to do the following in the game options (applicable to all DD wheels, not only T818):
o Always enable "Use Linear Mode" (specially made for DD wheels as they are perfectly linear)
o Always enable "Reduce force when parked" (to limit the oscillations in the pit)
o Always set the "Smoothing" slider to 0% (this slider is not for DD wheels - if you want to add some damper to decrease oscillations in this game, adjust the amount in the T818 Control Panel)
o Always set the "Damping" slider to 0% (this slider is not for DD wheels - if you want to add some damper to decrease oscillations in this game, adjust the amount in the T818 Control Panel)
o Always set the "Min Force" slider to 0.0% (this slider is not for DD wheels)